TN: Man awarded life term for raping daughter
The man used to abuse the girl when her mother, working in a private factory, used to be on night shift.
Coimbatore: A 50-year-old man was on Monday sentenced to life imprisonment for sexually abusing his 17-year-old daughter and making her pregnant twice.
Delivering the judgement Mahila Court Judge MP Subramanian also awarded seven years rigorous imprisonment to Palanisamy, an autorickshaw driver, for threatening the girl of dire consequences if she leaked the matter. However, the sentences would go concurrently, the judge said.
The prosecution case was that the 17-year old girl was sexually abused by her father since 2007.
The man used to abuse the girl when her mother, working in a private factory, used to be on night shift. He had threatened the girl that he would kill her if she informed her mother.
Unable to put up with the abuse, the girl lodged a complaint with police in 2009 in which she said she had undergone abortion once and a six-month old foetus was removed surgically.
The Judge held Palanisamy guilty of the charges of rape and holding out murder threat. The man, however, pleaded not guilty.
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul