TN: Man awarded life term for raping daughter
The man used to abuse the girl when her mother, working in a private factory, used to be on night shift.
Coimbatore: A 50-year-old man was on Monday sentenced to life imprisonment for sexually abusing his 17-year-old daughter and making her pregnant twice.
Delivering the judgement Mahila Court Judge MP Subramanian also awarded seven years rigorous imprisonment to Palanisamy, an autorickshaw driver, for threatening the girl of dire consequences if she leaked the matter. However, the sentences would go concurrently, the judge said.
The prosecution case was that the 17-year old girl was sexually abused by her father since 2007.
The man used to abuse the girl when her mother, working in a private factory, used to be on night shift. He had threatened the girl that he would kill her if she informed her mother.
Unable to put up with the abuse, the girl lodged a complaint with police in 2009 in which she said she had undergone abortion once and a six-month old foetus was removed surgically.
The Judge held Palanisamy guilty of the charges of rape and holding out murder threat. The man, however, pleaded not guilty.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Top 5 Controversies Over the Years
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Pre-birthday Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar