TN: Man's tonsure torture leaves wife scarred
The woman's mother alleged that her husband would force her to tonsure her head to make her look ugly.
Thoothukudi: A young woman who was periodically tortured by her suspicious soldier-husband has been lying in a hospital bed in Thoothukudi for nearly a month recovering from wounds inflicted on her. Strangely, police have so far failed to arrest her tormentor husband, who is a Lance Naik in the Indian Army and his brother who had allegedly abused her.
The 25-year old woman Guru Eswari married her maternal uncle Murugan eight years ago.
According to her mother, every time Murugan returned to his Army battalion, he would allegedly force his wife to tonsure her head "to make her look ugly".
Eswari was residing with her mother-in-law Poosammal at Tharuvaikulam near Thoothukudi. Kaliammal alleged that last month Murugan's brother Shanmuga Sundararaja had visited Eswari's house and stayed there for three days during which he attempted to misbehave with her.
On July 24, the two brothers tortured Eswari.
Later they allegedly branded her body using a hot iron rod. "They also threw chilly powder in her eyes after tying her legs and hands," said Kaliammal pointing to the scars on her daughter's body.
Eswari was allegedly tortured for six whole days.
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput