DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TN: Married man burns girl to death for rejecting love
Angered over the rejection, the man allegedly took her forcibly into his house, poured kerosene over her and set her ablaze, police said.
Srivilliputhur: A 36-year old man, father of two children, allegedly burnt to death a teenaged girl after rejected his proposal to marry him and attempted self-immolation at a village near Srivilliputhur on Tuesday, police said.
Kulandaivelu of Padikasu Vaithan Patti was madly in love with the 17-year-old school going girl and pestered her to marry him. He had followed her daily when she was on way to school, though she had warned him.
Angered over her rejection, he allegedly took her forcibly into his house, poured kerosene over her and set her ablaze, police said. Later he had set himself on fire and suffered 80 per cent burns. Kulandaivelu had been admitted to the hospital in a serious condition.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO