TN: Married man burns girl to death for rejecting love
Angered over the rejection, the man allegedly took her forcibly into his house, poured kerosene over her and set her ablaze, police said.
Srivilliputhur: A 36-year old man, father of two children, allegedly burnt to death a teenaged girl after rejected his proposal to marry him and attempted self-immolation at a village near Srivilliputhur on Tuesday, police said.
Kulandaivelu of Padikasu Vaithan Patti was madly in love with the 17-year-old school going girl and pestered her to marry him. He had followed her daily when she was on way to school, though she had warned him.
Angered over her rejection, he allegedly took her forcibly into his house, poured kerosene over her and set her ablaze, police said. Later he had set himself on fire and suffered 80 per cent burns. Kulandaivelu had been admitted to the hospital in a serious condition.
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Pierce Brosnan Endorses Pan Bahar, Twitter Reacts With James Bond Jokes