DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TN: SpiceJet flight grounded after landing gear snag, all passengers safe
The incident would be investigated by Directorate General of Civil Aviation officials and SpiceJet.
Chennai: Forty-two passengers of a SpiceJet flight from here had a narrow escape when the main landing gear malfunctioned at touchdown at the Tuticorin airport on Sunday and the aircraft was grounded.
All the passengers were safely disembarked and the aircraft which sustained slight damage had been grounded, Tuticorin airport sources said. "The main landing gear or the rear wheel of the aircraft failed to operate in time while landing, leading to a slight jerk," the sources told PTI.
However, the flight landed safely at around 8:30 AM as the main landing gear functioned after a slight delay, they said. The incident would be investigated by Directorate General of Civil Aviation officials and SpiceJet. The aircraft had been parked at the airport, the sources added.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan