TN: SpiceJet flight grounded after landing gear snag, all passengers safe
The incident would be investigated by Directorate General of Civil Aviation officials and SpiceJet.
Chennai: Forty-two passengers of a SpiceJet flight from here had a narrow escape when the main landing gear malfunctioned at touchdown at the Tuticorin airport on Sunday and the aircraft was grounded.
All the passengers were safely disembarked and the aircraft which sustained slight damage had been grounded, Tuticorin airport sources said. "The main landing gear or the rear wheel of the aircraft failed to operate in time while landing, leading to a slight jerk," the sources told PTI.
However, the flight landed safely at around 8:30 AM as the main landing gear functioned after a slight delay, they said. The incident would be investigated by Directorate General of Civil Aviation officials and SpiceJet. The aircraft had been parked at the airport, the sources added.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines