TN: SpiceJet flight grounded after landing gear snag, all passengers safe
The incident would be investigated by Directorate General of Civil Aviation officials and SpiceJet.
Chennai: Forty-two passengers of a SpiceJet flight from here had a narrow escape when the main landing gear malfunctioned at touchdown at the Tuticorin airport on Sunday and the aircraft was grounded.
All the passengers were safely disembarked and the aircraft which sustained slight damage had been grounded, Tuticorin airport sources said. "The main landing gear or the rear wheel of the aircraft failed to operate in time while landing, leading to a slight jerk," the sources told PTI.
However, the flight landed safely at around 8:30 AM as the main landing gear functioned after a slight delay, they said. The incident would be investigated by Directorate General of Civil Aviation officials and SpiceJet. The aircraft had been parked at the airport, the sources added.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- We Did Discuss About Removing Dhoni From Captaincy: Sandeep Patil
- Don't Believe in Biopics On Cricketers: Gautam Gambhir