TN: SpiceJet flight grounded after landing gear snag, all passengers safe
The incident would be investigated by Directorate General of Civil Aviation officials and SpiceJet.
Chennai: Forty-two passengers of a SpiceJet flight from here had a narrow escape when the main landing gear malfunctioned at touchdown at the Tuticorin airport on Sunday and the aircraft was grounded.
All the passengers were safely disembarked and the aircraft which sustained slight damage had been grounded, Tuticorin airport sources said. "The main landing gear or the rear wheel of the aircraft failed to operate in time while landing, leading to a slight jerk," the sources told PTI.
However, the flight landed safely at around 8:30 AM as the main landing gear functioned after a slight delay, they said. The incident would be investigated by Directorate General of Civil Aviation officials and SpiceJet. The aircraft had been parked at the airport, the sources added.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where