TN: Students' protest on Lankan Tamils issue continues
The emotive Sri Lankan Tamils issue has gained momentum following the alleged cold-blooded killing of slain LTTE chief's 12 year-old son.
Chennai: Protests by students on the Sri Lankan Tamils issue continued across Tamil Nadu on Wednesday, with law students mainly in the fray. About 40 students of Dr Ambedkar Law University and Dr Ambedkar Government Law College here continued with their fast, demanding an independent probe against Colombo for alleged war crimes besides stressing for separate Eelam (homeland for Tamils).
Meanwhile, around 100 student activists, who had gathered outside the Income Tax office at Nungambakkam here demanding action on the Lankan Tamils issue, were "secured", police said.
Protests, also in the form of fasts, by students continued in other parts of the state including Coimbatore and Tirunelveli.
The agitators were mostly law students. The emotive Sri Lankan Tamils issue has gained momentum in Tamil Nadu following the alleged cold-blooded killing of slain LTTE chief V Prabakaran's 12 year-old son Balachandran, pictures relating to which had recently emerged.
Besides political parties in the fray, students have also joined in, with eight students of Chennai-based Loyola College going on an indefinite fast last week finding quick support from parties and students.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury