'Pro-LTTE' elements blast rail track in TN
Leaflets condemning the visit of Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa were found from the blast spot.
Chennai: Passengers of the Tiruchirapalli-Chennai Rockfort Express had a narrow escape when suspected pro-LTTE elements blasted railway tracks at Perani railway station in Villupuram district in the wee hours on Saturday.
About three feet of tracks were blown off in the explosion when the train was coming towards the station at around 2.10 am. The station master cautioned the driver of the train, who applied emergency brakes averting a major train disaster, police and railway sources said.
Leaflets condemning the visit of Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa were found from the spot, police said.
Train traffic has been disrupted on the route following the explosion.
Most of the trains coming to Chennai from other parts have been stopped or diverted.
A manhunt has been launched for the culprits.
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top 5 Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- 'Upbeat West Indies Test side not impacted by bad results'
- Boris Johnson's Anti-Brexit Article Made Public by UK Daily
- Britain's PM Theresa May Heads to India With Eye on Post-Brexit Trade
- Farooq Calls Meeting of Opposition to Discuss Kashmir Issue
- MPs Would 'Debate and Scrutinise' the Process but not Vote on Plans: PM May on Brexit