'Pro-LTTE' elements blast rail track in TN
Leaflets condemning the visit of Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa were found from the blast spot.
Chennai: Passengers of the Tiruchirapalli-Chennai Rockfort Express had a narrow escape when suspected pro-LTTE elements blasted railway tracks at Perani railway station in Villupuram district in the wee hours on Saturday.
About three feet of tracks were blown off in the explosion when the train was coming towards the station at around 2.10 am. The station master cautioned the driver of the train, who applied emergency brakes averting a major train disaster, police and railway sources said.
Leaflets condemning the visit of Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa were found from the spot, police said.
Train traffic has been disrupted on the route following the explosion.
Most of the trains coming to Chennai from other parts have been stopped or diverted.
A manhunt has been launched for the culprits.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement