TN: Woman sets herself ablaze after husband refuses to have food
Police said the 20-year-old woman had prepared dinner for her husband on Monday night, but after tasting it, he refused to have it.
Salem: Upset over her husband declining to have food prepared by her, a newly married wife took her life by setting herself ablaze at her home near Salem, police said on Tuesday.
Salem District Valapadi DSP P Mathavan said the 20-year-old woman had prepared dinner for her husband and brother on Monday night, but after tasting it, he refused it.
Immediately, she poured kerosene and set herself ablaze, the DSP said. The two men doused the fire by pouring water and rushed her to hospital but she succumbed to her injuries on Monday night, he added. The Salem RDO is investigating.
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
- Police Release Sketch of Suspects Based on School Children's Description
- Uran Terror Alert: Police Release Sketches of 2 Suspects
- Pakistan, West Indies Launch World Cup Fight
- Surgical Strike: Strong Message Sent to Pakistan on Terror, Says Sonia Gandhi
- Surgical Strikes Across LoC an Operational Necessity: Defence Experts
- We Are Ready For Any Counter-Attack By Pakistan: Prakash Javadekar