Toilet map of India
More than half of the nation's households still do not have toilet facilities in their homes.
Jairam Ramesh and Narendra Modi have brought the focus on the lack of basic toilet facilities in much of the country. These maps will tell us explicitly why India needs "toilets first and temples later." While the state of availability of latrine facilities in India has improved in the 10 years between 2001 and 2011, but more than half of the nation's households still do not have toilet facilities in their homes. From as high as 78 per cent of the households without toilet facilities in Jharkhand and Odisha to 2 per cent in Lakshadweep, it is far from a uniform picture across the country as these maps, tables and graphs highlight.
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar