Toilet woes for athletes in London
The athletes in London are facing a major issue related to Toilet spacing.
London: Transport and security woes came visiting the London Olympics organisers in ample measure ahead of the greatest sporting show on earth, forcing the athletes to experience a different kind of trouble at the Games Village.
Sharing of a toilet among four spokespersons, and sometimes even by six athletes, is causing strain and forcing some of them to alter their morning schedules so as to manage essential routines.
"It`s amazing that competitors have to get used to these sort of things at the biggest event of the world. This may just be design issue for the flats, but the athletes are getting quite stressed," said an Indian official who is part of the delegation staying at the Games Village.
The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said tempers had not frayed until now, but if an athlete spends extra time in the toilet, he tends to get glared at by others sharing the apartment.
Two others in the Indian contingent - a boxer and a shooter - confirmed that the toilet time was the first thing athletes got to discuss after checking into the Games Village.
"You can`t just order a different flat with an extra toilet, so we have to deal with what is available. But come competition time, and this could become a serious matter," said the Indian shooter, preferring not to identified.
The boxer, who had also competed in the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, said in retrospect the facilities inside the apartment in the 2010 Games Village seemed much better.
"So many sportsmen did not have to line up to use the toilet in any of the apartments in the Commonwealth Games Village," he said.
- India vs New Zealand Live: Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series, Regain No.1 Spot
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- 'Ironclad'. Yes, That's How Pentagon Sees US-Philippines Alliance
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18