Tom Cruise: My family were the rulers of north Ireland
During his trip to Ireland the actor was surprised to find out more about his ancestors.
London: Hollywood superstar Tom Cruise claims his family once ruled north Ireland. The 50-year-old actor made the revelation during a late night chat show when discussing his recent discovery that his family owned the majority of Dublin in the ninth century, reported Sun online.
"I found out my ancestors were the rulers of north Ireland," he said.
Cruise was in town to promote his new sci-fi flick 'Oblivion'.
During his stay he was presented with a certificate of Irish heritage by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Eamon Gilmore after two female fans researched his family lineage as a gift.
"You can't make this up. They owned a town called Hollywood," he jokingly said.
Hollywood is a village in west County Wicklow.
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts