Tom Cruise: My family were the rulers of north Ireland
During his trip to Ireland the actor was surprised to find out more about his ancestors.
London: Hollywood superstar Tom Cruise claims his family once ruled north Ireland. The 50-year-old actor made the revelation during a late night chat show when discussing his recent discovery that his family owned the majority of Dublin in the ninth century, reported Sun online.
"I found out my ancestors were the rulers of north Ireland," he said.
Cruise was in town to promote his new sci-fi flick 'Oblivion'.
During his stay he was presented with a certificate of Irish heritage by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Eamon Gilmore after two female fans researched his family lineage as a gift.
"You can't make this up. They owned a town called Hollywood," he jokingly said.
Hollywood is a village in west County Wicklow.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films