DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tom Cruise: My family were the rulers of north Ireland
During his trip to Ireland the actor was surprised to find out more about his ancestors.
London: Hollywood superstar Tom Cruise claims his family once ruled north Ireland. The 50-year-old actor made the revelation during a late night chat show when discussing his recent discovery that his family owned the majority of Dublin in the ninth century, reported Sun online.
"I found out my ancestors were the rulers of north Ireland," he said.
Cruise was in town to promote his new sci-fi flick 'Oblivion'.
During his stay he was presented with a certificate of Irish heritage by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Eamon Gilmore after two female fans researched his family lineage as a gift.
"You can't make this up. They owned a town called Hollywood," he jokingly said.
Hollywood is a village in west County Wicklow.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet