DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tomas Berdych reaches Australian Open quarter-finals
Tomas Berdych defeated Kevin Anderson of South Africa 6-3, 6-2, 7-6 (13) to advance to Australian Open quarter-final.
Melbourne: Fifth-seeded Tomas Berdych defeated Kevin Anderson of South Africa 6-3, 6-2, 7-6 (13) on Sunday to advance to his third consecutive Australian Open quarterfinal.
Berdych, the 2010 Wimbledon runner-up, fought off five set points in the third set and finally closed it out on his fifth match point when Anderson hit a forehand long.
The Czech player has yet to drop a set in the tournament. He next plays the winner of Sunday's night match between No. 1 Novak Djokovic and No. 15 Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland.
Anderson had upset No. 22-seeded Fernando Verdasco to reach the fourth round - his best showing at a major.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Ashwin Looking to Unleash New Weapon
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances