Tomas Berdych to miss Czech Davis Cup quarter-final
Berdych dropped out after losing Sony Open quarter-final against Frenchman Richard Gasquet 6-3 6-3.
Prague: World number six Tomas Berdych will miss Czech Republic's Davis Cup quarter-final next week when the champions take on Kazakhstan.
Berdych dropped out after losing Thursday's Sony Open quarter-final against Frenchman Richard Gasquet 6-3 6-3 in Miami.
"Last night's match was the last straw for me," he told the Czech Davis Cup Facebook page.
"I woke up this morning and my shoulder hurt so much that it was clear I would not be able to play in Kazakhstan." The Czech team will now be Radek Stepanek, Lukas Rosol, Jan Hajek and Ivo Minar.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films