Tomic beats Monfils to reach Kooyong final
Bernard Tomic got the better of Frenchman Gael Monfils 6-4, 4-6, 7-6.
Melbourne: Bernard Tomic moved into the final of the Kooyong exhibition tournament with a 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 (2) win over Frenchman Gael Monfils on Thursday.
The Australian teenager beat No. 7-ranked Tomas Berdych in his opening match and then controlled the first and third sets against Monfils in his second match at the invitational tournament.
He'll next meet the winner of Friday's semifinal between American Mardy Fish and Austria's Jurgen Melzer.
No. 6-ranked Jo-Wilfried Tsonga lost 1-6, 6-4, 6-1 to Japan's Kei Nishikori, a late inclusion after Canada's Milos Raonic withdrew due to a stomach complaint after losing his opening match.
Tsonga, who won the Qatar Open against a strong field last week, lost both his matches at Kooyong.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology