DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tomic beats Monfils to reach Kooyong final
Bernard Tomic got the better of Frenchman Gael Monfils 6-4, 4-6, 7-6.
Melbourne: Bernard Tomic moved into the final of the Kooyong exhibition tournament with a 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 (2) win over Frenchman Gael Monfils on Thursday.
The Australian teenager beat No. 7-ranked Tomas Berdych in his opening match and then controlled the first and third sets against Monfils in his second match at the invitational tournament.
He'll next meet the winner of Friday's semifinal between American Mardy Fish and Austria's Jurgen Melzer.
No. 6-ranked Jo-Wilfried Tsonga lost 1-6, 6-4, 6-1 to Japan's Kei Nishikori, a late inclusion after Canada's Milos Raonic withdrew due to a stomach complaint after losing his opening match.
Tsonga, who won the Qatar Open against a strong field last week, lost both his matches at Kooyong.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan