Too much sex is not good for health!
Frequent and strenuous sex can cause honeymoon cystitis.
Your honeymoon is when you and your husband are at your physical maximum. But did you know that frequent and strenuous sex can cause an infection called Honeymoon Cystitis? Read on to know how you can get infected and what you can do to prevent the infection.
Sex is natural, but not fun!
"Honeymoon cystitis is a condition that happens when you have frequent and strenuous intercourse. This is due to the friction and injury caused to the urethra after having sex for the first time," says Dr Rishma Dhillon Pai, gynaecologist. Remember, this condition can be caused because of a urinary infection as well.
It is also a bladder infection and an inflammation of the urethra. This is what causes painful sex. It is caused by the introduction of the E-coli bacteria (in the bowel) into the urethra.
Besides frequent, strenuous intercourse, it is also caused by unclean fingers, penis or other objects that is inserted into the anus and then the vagina.
However, remember that you get honeymoon cystitis mainly because of the force and friction caused by intercourse for the first time. This is because the vagina is tight and the repeated force on it injures the area.
Even though the condition has two causes, the symptoms for both are the same.
Look out for
Here are a few symptoms that could indicate you have honeymoon cystitis:
- Burning sensation when urinating
- Pain while urinating
- Urinating frequently
- Traces of blood in the urine
- Odour in the urine
- Cloudy colouration of urine
- Pain at or just above your pubic bone
Avoid, avoid, avoid
Remember, there a few things you can do to avoid the condition. You can begin by drinking at least eight glasses of water everyday as this will help you flush out all the toxins.
Try and urinate immediately before and after sex to flush the bacteria away.
You could apply a water-based lubricant. This may make intercourse easy but remember, there are no guarantees.
If you have any of these symptoms, make sure you visit your gynaecologist immediately. Once your doctor diagnoses honeymoon cystitis, she will prescribe antibiotics to clear the infection.
She will also prescribe painkillers to get rid of the pain. The course of your treatment depends on the severity of the infection.
There are a few urinary painkillers and anti-spasm drugs that she may prescribe as well.
Remember, this infection does not affect your chances of conception at all. And you can resume sexual intercourse once you are comfortable.
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
From Our Network
- Samajwadi Party LIVE: Mulayam Singh Yadav expels Ram Gopal for 6 years from party; Shivpal Yadav says he conspired with BJP- FirstPost
- This co-operative society manager with Rs 8,000 salary is a crorepati - Pradesh18
- Boy tied to pole, mercilessly beaten for stealing cigarettes from a shop - Pradesh18