Top 5 Controversial Statements of Hindu Hardliner Yogi Adityanath
Making Yogi Adityanath Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister-designate is a surprising choice for the BJP. Adityanath is no stranger to controversy. In fact, for a good chunk of his political career, he has stayed in the front pages for his controversial remarks.
File photo of Gorakhpur MP Yogi Adityanath. (PTI Photo)
Yogi Adityanath is a surprising choice for the BJP for Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister.
Adityanath is no stranger to controversy. In fact, for a good chunk of his political career, he has stayed in the front pages for his controversial remarks.
Here are the top 5 most controversial statements of Adityanath:
1) On Minorities: “There have been 450 riots cases in West UP in two-and-a-half years of Samajwadi Party rule because the population of a particular community is rising manifold. Why are there no riots in Eastern UP? You can easily understand. In places where there are 10-20% minority population, stray communal incidents take place. Where there are 20-35% of them, serious communal riots take place and where they are more than 35%, there is no place for non-Muslims.”
2) On Kairana ‘Exodus’: “Yogi is not talking about today, Yogi is talking about future. Exodus is a very big issue for us…BJP will not let western Uttar Pradesh turn into another Kashmir.”
3) On Mother Teresa: “Mother Teresa was part of the conspiracy to Christianize India. Hindus were converted in the name of doing service and then converted
5) On Yoga: “Lord Shankar was the biggest Yogi who started Yoga. Mahadev lives in every particle of this country. So those who want to avoid Yoga and Lord Shankar can leave Hindustan.
5) On Shah Rukh Khan: “Shah Rukh Khan should remember that if people would boycott his films, he would also have to wander in the streets like a normal Muslim… These people are speaking in the language of terrorists. I think there is no difference between the language of Shah Rukh Khan and Hafiz Saeed.”
Recommended For You
- Infosys Regrets Vishal Sikka’s Resignation; Issues Statement on His Current Role, Salary
- LFW 2017: Of Gaurang Shah's Nine-yard Canvas and Indian Weaves
- Viceroy's House Review: This Partition Tale is Only Partially Engaging
- Industry Experts to Discuss Impact of Demonetisation, GST, RERA at Global Indian Realty Summit
- Kohli Returns to the Scene of His ODI Debut, Only This Time as Captain