Top seed Lee closes in on third All England title
Lee moved one step closer to his third All England Open badminton title after beating seventh seed Tien Minh Nguyen 21-17, 21-19.
Birmingham: Malaysia's ace shuttler Lee Chong Wei secured his position in last four and moved one step closer to his third All England Open badminton title. His 21-17, 21-19 victory on Friday over seventh seed Tien Minh Nguyen only took him 34 minutes, reports Xinhua.
Lee was in the lead from the first, manoeuvring the shuttle to different corners and earning points with forceful smashes.
Although he made a few mistakes which allowed his rival to save four match points, he managed to finish the match with a jump smash.
However, Lee was still dissatisfied with his own performance. "I still couldn't fully control the tempo," Lee said. "I made some simple mistakes, but I must forget about it and move on."
Currently his biggest opponent could be Chinese shuttler Chen Long, who edged out Indian Kashyap Parupalli 21-16 and 21-10.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years