Top-seeded Tomas Berdych through to quarter-finals of Open 13
Berdych withstood 19 aces from Ernests Gulbis and pipped him 6-4, 6-7 (10), 6-4 to reach the quarter-finals of the Open 13.
Marseille: Top-seeded Tomas Berdych struggled past Ernests Gulbis of Latvia 6-4, 6-7 (10), 6-4 to reach the quarter-finals of the Open 13 on Wednesday. Berdych withstood 19 aces from Gulbis in his second-round opener.
He was joined by third-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the 2009 champion who eased past Nikolay Davydenko 7-6 (1), 6-3. Tsonga will meet Bernard Tomic of Australia, who also won in straight sets, 6-3, 7-5, against Somdev Devvarman of India. Gilles Muller, who upset fifth-seeded Richard Gasquet in the first round, defeated Marcel Granollers 7-6 (2), 7-6 (1).
Sixth-seeded Gilles Simon won his first-round match beating Robin Haase of the Netherlands 7-5, 7-5. Also advancing was Frenchman Julien Benneteau and Russia's Dmitry Tursunov.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: La La Land, Moonlight or Lion; Who's Bollywood Rooting for?
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion