DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Top-seeded Tomas Berdych through to quarter-finals of Open 13
Berdych withstood 19 aces from Ernests Gulbis and pipped him 6-4, 6-7 (10), 6-4 to reach the quarter-finals of the Open 13.
Marseille: Top-seeded Tomas Berdych struggled past Ernests Gulbis of Latvia 6-4, 6-7 (10), 6-4 to reach the quarter-finals of the Open 13 on Wednesday. Berdych withstood 19 aces from Gulbis in his second-round opener.
He was joined by third-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the 2009 champion who eased past Nikolay Davydenko 7-6 (1), 6-3. Tsonga will meet Bernard Tomic of Australia, who also won in straight sets, 6-3, 7-5, against Somdev Devvarman of India. Gilles Muller, who upset fifth-seeded Richard Gasquet in the first round, defeated Marcel Granollers 7-6 (2), 7-6 (1).
Sixth-seeded Gilles Simon won his first-round match beating Robin Haase of the Netherlands 7-5, 7-5. Also advancing was Frenchman Julien Benneteau and Russia's Dmitry Tursunov.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan