Top tweets: Amitabh Bachchan, once Pepsi's brand ambassador, decides not to endorse it anymore
Amitabh Bachchan criticised soft drink manufacturer Pepsi, and compared it to poison at an IIM-A event.
New Delhi: Recently, Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan criticised soft drink manufacturer Pepsi, and compared it to poison at an IIM-A event. He said, "I used to endorse Pepsi earlier but once I went to open a girls school in Jaipur and in one such gathering similar to this one, one of the girls stood up to ask me why I endorsing Pepsi as it contains many negative products. I felt that if this is the impression I am giving to a possible buyer then it should not be so, and so I stopped endorsing Pepsi."
Amitabh Bachchan associated with Pepsi in the year 2002 which lasted for eight years. Twitter users have reacted to Amitabh's decision. Here are some of the top tweets:
"When a li'l girl in Jaipur told me that I've already made 24 crs & the contract is ending, I realized Pepsi is poison NOW"
- Gabbar Singh (@GabbbarSingh) February 3, 2014
Amitabh Bachchan wants to protect us from Pepsi. I hope he had shown similar zeal in protecting us from Abhishek's films
- The Bad Doctor (@doctoratlarge) January 31, 2014
I liked the way Amitabh Bachchan kept minting money from Pepsi for 8 years but termed it as 'poison' after the contract ended.
- Rishabh Gupta (@rishabhism) February 4, 2014
Going to stop drinking Pepsi after Amitabh Bachchan said he wouldn't endorse it anymore because it's unhealthy. *Makes Maggi for dinner*
- Sahil Rizwan (@SahilRiz) February 3, 2014
Hats off to Amitabh Bachchan for making crores off Pepsi and then, call it poison..
- Gappistan Radio (@GappistanRadio) February 3, 2014
Amitabh Bachchan stopped endorsing Gujrat becuase it's unhealthy. Wait... sorry he meant pepsi.
- A K (@invokeanand) February 3, 2014
So @SrBachchan gets Rs. 24 crores from Pepsi and then calls it "poison". After Pepsi IPL, this is Pepsi GPL.
- Mahesh Murthy (@maheshmurthy) February 3, 2014
Amitabh Bachchan stopped endorsing #Pepsi after conducting" due diligence".As spokesperson for Gujarat, did he reflect on his role?
- Rosen John (@nesoron) January 31, 2014
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson