'Tortured' in police custody, slain IRS officer's relative kills self
Kamal left a suicide note in his car before taking the extreme step in which he said he was tortured by the police during interrogation.
Jaipur: A distant relative of a slain IRS officer allegedly committed suicide on Friday, leaving behind a note in which he said he was tortured by police during interrogation in connection with the murder. Kamal Meena was questioned on Thursday evening in connection with the killing of Sriram Meena, Deputy Director at Directorate of Central Excise Intelligence, who was found murdered in his house in Jagannathpuri locality in Sanganer on June 10, DCP East Shewta Dhankar said.
Kamal, who ended his life by jumping before a train near here, left a suicide note in his car before taking the extreme step in which he said he was tortured by the police during interrogation. He also held Additional DCP Yogesh Dadhich and ACP Rajesh Meel responsible for his suicide.
"Kamal stated in the suicide note that he was tortured by the police and was forced to admit that he murdered Sriram Meena. He wrote that he was under stress and was taking the extreme step," police said.
Kamal resided in a rented accommodation near the slain IRS officer's house in Jagannathpuri locality, according to Additional Police Commissioner Girraj Meena. "Sometimes he also used to stay with Sriram in his home," the ACP said, adding it was not clear whether they had any dispute. "Kamal was interrogated just because he was close to the officer," he said.
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- Saamana Office Attacked Over Cartoon Mocking Maratha Protests
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- SAARC Summit Decision on Saturday, Pakistan Remains Defiant
- Pakistan to go Ahead With SAARC Summit Despite Boycott by Members
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice