UP: Train rams into jeep, 16 killed
The accident took place at the unmanned railway crossing near Madu Railway Station at 7:19 am on Tuesday.
Hathras: Sixteen people were killed when a train hit a mini van at an unmanned railway crossing at Hathras in Uttar Pradesh on the busy Delhi-Kolkata trunk route.
The accident took place at the unmanned railway crossing near Maidu Railway Station at 7:19 am in the district.
The van was carrying 18 passengers, all coming from Sathia village in Sasni tehsil, Superintendent of Police Chandra Prakash said.
While 15 people were killed on the spot, three of the injured have been admitted to a hospital, he said.
He said that on Monday night one Munne Khan (40) committed suicide in Sathiya village and his family members along with other villagers were going to Hathras for the post mortem.
Railway sources in Delhi said the mishap took place when the jeep tried to cross the track even as the train was approaching.
Those killed in the accident have been identified as Mukhtayar Khan, Budu Khan, his brother Mubarak Khan and wife Haseena, Shamshad Khan, Balbeer Singh, Munne Khan, Aslam, Bilkis Bano, Achchan Khan and his brother Gaffar Khan, Honey,. Riyazuddin, Rifazat and Major Khan.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right