Odisha: Chennai-bound train mows down 6 elephants
The train hit a herd of elephants between Rambha and Huma stations, about 150 km from Bhubaneswar.
Bhubaneswar: At least six elephants were killed after being hit by a train in Odisha's Ganjam district early on Sunday, officials said. The Chennai-bound Coromandel Express hit a herd of elephants between Rambha and Huma stations, about 150 km from Bhubaneswar.
A senior official of the East Coast Railway told IANS that as many as six elephants were killed on the spot.
He added that forest and railway officials had arrived at the accident site.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology