Transformers 4: Michael Bay attacked during the shooting
A man under the influence of narcotics stormed on the set and swung an air conditioner unit at Bay's head.
Hong Kong: Filmmaker Michael Bay was attacked during the shoot of the fourth instalment of the 'Transformers' movie series. 'Transformers: Age of Extinction' is currently being shot here.
According to a Paramount Pictures spokesman, a man allegedly under the influence of narcotics stormed on the set and swung an air conditioner unit at Bay's head, reports variety.com.
Bay, who was not injured, then ducked and avoided the blow from his attacker.
Earlier reports suggested that the director had been attacked by two brothers in Quarry Bay, where the movie is currently being shot, but Paramount strongly denied those reports.
"Contrary to several erroneous news reports made today, Bay did not get hurt in a fight on set," a statement from the studio said and added that police arrested the man and two companions and no one on the set was injured.
'Transformers 4', which has been filming for the past four months, will hit theatres on June 27, 2014.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw