Tremendous start at the Box Office for 'Iron Man 3', 'Aashiqui 2'
'Iron Man 3' had houseful openings in theatres in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Bangalore and Kolkata.
New Delhi: 'Ironman 3', which has Robert Downey Jr reprising his role of superhero industrialist Tony Stark from the first two films as well as last summer's 'The Avengers', got a 100 per cent opening for 3D and 80 per cent for 2D in India, an official Disney UTV spokesperson said.
There were houseful openings in theatres in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Bangalore and Kolkata.
Gaurav Verma, Director, India Theatrical Distribution, Studios, Disney UTV, said, "It is a superb start for 'Iron Man 3' across the country. From 3D to 2D - English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu - it's opened great. It will be a big weekend for Iron Man 3."
The superhero film made comic geeks of Bollywood stars and cricketers who couldn't stop raving about it.
"I love the Ironman franchise. It has got every element - action, comedy, drama, emotion combines with great scripts that makes it so desirable both to the audiences and critics alike. No wonder it has been doing the business that it has the world over. Robert Downey Jr is superb," said Sushant Singh Rajput.
"I can't wait to watch Iron Man 3. Being the third film of the franchise, it is expected to dish out more action and more entertainment and I know that I will be bowled over by it. I don't think anyone could have played Iron Man better than Robert Downey (Jr) and I'm excited to see what he has done in this movie," said super fast bowler Shaun Tait.
Film trade analyst has equally good news for Aashiqui 2.
Even in mass-dominated centres, the start of Aashiqui 2 is superb. Collections rising with each show! Delhi, Indore, Jaipur morning shows start with a bang! It's a great Friday for the industry! Both Aashiqui 2and Ironman 3 start with a bang," Adarsh tweeted.
He said both films are neck to neck. "At some, A2 is leading, at some IM3. One of those rare Fridays when two films have opened well."
Aditya Roy Kapur and Shraddha Kapoor revive the 90s romance with their romantic film 'Aashiqui 2'.
- Russia Asks Pakistan to Take Steps to Contain Terror Groups
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Surgical Strike Across LoC: US Objects to Pakistan's Nuclear Threats Against India
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India