DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tribals lay siege to Forest Office
The tribals laid siege to the Forest Office at Neyyar Dam on Thursday in protest against Forest officials preventing an attempt by the tribals to shift a felled tree to a saw mill.
The blockade began at 5 a.m. and was called off by 8 p.m. following conciliatory talks, Neyyar Dam police said.
According to the Forest officials, the tree was felled by a tribal family on Wednesday for building a house.
But the officials seized the tree claiming that the tribals had no right to do so. On Thursday the tribals again tried to move the timber to a saw mill. The Forest officials again interrupted them and this sparked off tension.
The agitation was staged under the banner of the Adivasi Kshema Samithi and no one was arrested in connection with the incident, the police said.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- May 26, 1999: Ganguly, Dravid Put On a Show at Taunton
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Pirates of The Caribbean-Salazar's Revenge Review: This One Doesn't Disappoint
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs