Tribals lay siege to Forest Office
The tribals laid siege to the Forest Office at Neyyar Dam on Thursday in protest against Forest officials preventing an attempt by the tribals to shift a felled tree to a saw mill.
The blockade began at 5 a.m. and was called off by 8 p.m. following conciliatory talks, Neyyar Dam police said.
According to the Forest officials, the tree was felled by a tribal family on Wednesday for building a house.
But the officials seized the tree claiming that the tribals had no right to do so. On Thursday the tribals again tried to move the timber to a saw mill. The Forest officials again interrupted them and this sparked off tension.
The agitation was staged under the banner of the Adivasi Kshema Samithi and no one was arrested in connection with the incident, the police said.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films