Trichy Fire: Ten Die in Blast at Fireworks Factory
(Image only for representational purpose)
Tamil Nadu: Ten people were killed after a blast ripped through a fireworks factory in Thuraiyur town of Tamil Nadu’s Tiruchirapalli district on Thursday morning.
As per the latest reports, many are still feared to be trapped inside the building.
Reportedly there were 17 people inside the building when it collapsed after the blast.
Five dead after fire breaks out at a fireworks factory in Trichy (Thuraiyur,Tamil Nadu). pic.twitter.com/0YximLiVWC
— ANI (@ANI_news) December 1, 2016
A media report quotes fire officials as saying that no persons has been rescued.
The officials have also informed that fire has been contained.
Sources have claimed that the death toll may go up.
G. Sathyanarayanan, deputy director-in-charge of Fire and Rescue services (central region), Tamil Nadu said, "An explosion was heard at Vetrivel Explosives near Tiruchirappalli (333 km from Chennai) in the morning. The ground and first floors have collapsed."
"The fire is under control, but smoke was still emanating, which is being tackled," Sathyanarayanan said.
Around 25 fire service personnel were at the accident site. Three fire tenders were pressed into service.
"Once the debris are cleared, we would know about the number of fatalities, if any," he said.
(With inputs from IANS)
Recommended For You
- CLUB WORLD CUPFIFA Club World Cup: Real Madrid Eye Record 21st International Title in Japan
- Fashion Awards 2016International Model Of The Year: Gigi Hadid's Best Fashion Moments Of 2016
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size