Trinidad & Tobago offers to host PBD
PM of Trinidad and Tobago Kamla Persad-Bissessar said all countries like hers would benefit immensely from such events.
Jaipur: Indian-origin Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, Kamla Persad-Bissessar on Sunday expressed readiness to host the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas in her country, saying it would help in sharing "new understandings" and developing appreciation for the diaspora.
Bissessar, the Chief Guest of the 10th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas in Jaipur, said small countries like hers would benefit immensely from such events.
"I wish to sincerely urge that consideration be given to holding of Pravasi Bhartiya meet in the Caribbean and for which I pledge the support of my country," she said in her address.
In doing so, Bissessar said, "Countries can share new understandings, and develop appreciation for diaspora in their adopted homelands.
"It will become a type of pilgrimage that combines tourism, education, education and business development."
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Ranbir Kapoor Dodges Question on MNS Ultimatum to Pakistani Artists
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir, Anushka, Aishwarya Caught Up in a Twisted Love Triangle