Trinidad & Tobago offers to host PBD
PM of Trinidad and Tobago Kamla Persad-Bissessar said all countries like hers would benefit immensely from such events.
Jaipur: Indian-origin Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, Kamla Persad-Bissessar on Sunday expressed readiness to host the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas in her country, saying it would help in sharing "new understandings" and developing appreciation for the diaspora.
Bissessar, the Chief Guest of the 10th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas in Jaipur, said small countries like hers would benefit immensely from such events.
"I wish to sincerely urge that consideration be given to holding of Pravasi Bhartiya meet in the Caribbean and for which I pledge the support of my country," she said in her address.
In doing so, Bissessar said, "Countries can share new understandings, and develop appreciation for diaspora in their adopted homelands.
"It will become a type of pilgrimage that combines tourism, education, education and business development."
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- Steve Smith Reaches Career-High Rating After Pune Test