Trinidad & Tobago offers to host PBD
PM of Trinidad and Tobago Kamla Persad-Bissessar said all countries like hers would benefit immensely from such events.
Jaipur: Indian-origin Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, Kamla Persad-Bissessar on Sunday expressed readiness to host the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas in her country, saying it would help in sharing "new understandings" and developing appreciation for the diaspora.
Bissessar, the Chief Guest of the 10th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas in Jaipur, said small countries like hers would benefit immensely from such events.
"I wish to sincerely urge that consideration be given to holding of Pravasi Bhartiya meet in the Caribbean and for which I pledge the support of my country," she said in her address.
In doing so, Bissessar said, "Countries can share new understandings, and develop appreciation for diaspora in their adopted homelands.
"It will become a type of pilgrimage that combines tourism, education, education and business development."
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates