Tripura: Man arrested for raping, strangling 6-year-old to death
The police said that the accused Sanjit Saha, confessed that he raped the girl before strangling her to death.
Tripura: In yet another shocking incident of crime against children, a six-year old girl was allegedly raped and murdered in Tripura, triggering violent protests by the locals.
The incident happened on Thursday evening at Chelagang in Gomati district of Tripura. The accused has been arrested.
The police said that the accused Sanjit Saha, confessed that he raped the girl before strangling her to death. He said he dumped the body in the septic tank of a school's toilet.
The rape and subsequent murder of the girl triggered massive protests in the area. Scores of locals gathered at the victim's house and at Natun Bazar police station to protest the brutal crime.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right