Tripura to witness heavy rains due to Cyclone Mahasen
The cyclone had hit Bangladesh earlier in the day and is likely to move northeasterly further.
Agartala: With cyclone Mahasen likely to hit Tripura on Thursday, the state may witness heavy rains and a gale of 50-60 Kmph, the met office said. "There is likely to be heavy rain in the state in the next two days with wind blowing in 50 to 60 Km speed per hour," Met Director Dilip Saha said.
"The effects of the cyclone might slightly be felt in southern and eastern part of the state from tonight. We have not find anything to sound an alert," Saha said. The state disaster management department, however, alerted people of Kanchanpur and Gandaceherra subdivisions of northern and eastern part of the state and Amarpur and Sabroom subdivisions of Southern Tripura about the cyclone, official sources said.
The cyclone had hit Bangladesh earlier in the day and is likely to move northeasterly further and may cross Chittagong-Cox's Bazar coast during the day. The Sabroom border in southern Tripura is located about 75 Km from the Bay of Bengal in Chittagong division of the neighbouring country.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310 to be Launched Under Rs 5000: Here’s How it Will Look
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology