DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tripura to witness heavy rains due to Cyclone Mahasen
The cyclone had hit Bangladesh earlier in the day and is likely to move northeasterly further.
Agartala: With cyclone Mahasen likely to hit Tripura on Thursday, the state may witness heavy rains and a gale of 50-60 Kmph, the met office said. "There is likely to be heavy rain in the state in the next two days with wind blowing in 50 to 60 Km speed per hour," Met Director Dilip Saha said.
"The effects of the cyclone might slightly be felt in southern and eastern part of the state from tonight. We have not find anything to sound an alert," Saha said. The state disaster management department, however, alerted people of Kanchanpur and Gandaceherra subdivisions of northern and eastern part of the state and Amarpur and Sabroom subdivisions of Southern Tripura about the cyclone, official sources said.
The cyclone had hit Bangladesh earlier in the day and is likely to move northeasterly further and may cross Chittagong-Cox's Bazar coast during the day. The Sabroom border in southern Tripura is located about 75 Km from the Bay of Bengal in Chittagong division of the neighbouring country.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa Live Updates: 1st ODI at Headingley
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes