Tripura: Woman gangraped, stripped in public
The accused dragged the housewife from her home and took turns to rape her before many people, including women.
Agartala: A housewife was stripped naked, gangraped and battered in full public glare in Tripura, police said Saturday. "A 37-year-old woman was gang-raped at Bishalgarh in western Tripura Wednesday night. After the rape, the women was stripped naked, brutally beaten up and then tied to a tree," a police official told reporters here.
Based on the victim's complaint, police immediately swung into action and arrested seven people. However, three more accused, including the main one, are on the run.
Police said the accused dragged the housewife from her home and took turns to rape her before many people, including women. But no one dared to come forward to save the mother of a five-year-old.
The role of the husband is also being probed, the police official said. Tripura Woman's Commission chairperson Purnima Roy strongly condemned the atrocious incident and asked the police to take stern action against the culprits. People organised a protest rally at Bishalgarh, 25 km from here, over the incident.
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji
- Kapil Sibal Exclusive: Will Cong Family Loyalists Become Deserters?
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- Search Operations in Baramulla for the Second Time