Trishna: 10 things you should know about the film
The director of Trishna, Michael Winterbottom, has directed 17 films in last fifteen years.
New Delhi: 'Trishna' is getting a limited release in US this week. The story describes the life of a woman whose life gets defined due to her love. Trishna (Freida Pinto) meets a wealthy young British businessman Jay Singh (Riz Ahmed) and falls in love with him, but despite their feelings for each other, they cannot escape the pressures of a rural society which is changing rapidly through industrialisation and education.
Here are the ten things that you need to know about the film before heading towards the ticket window:
1. It's based on Thomas Hardy's classic novel 'Tess of the D'Urbervilles'.
2. Anurag Kashyap, Kalki Koechlin and Amit Trivedi have acted in the film.
3. Indian playback singer Kavita Seth is debuting in Hollywood with this film.
4. It is director Michael Winterbottom's third Hardy adaptation, after 'Jude' and 'The Claim'.
5. The film has been shot in Jaipur and Mumbai.
6. Indian composer Amit Trivedi has scored the music for the film.
7. Freida Pinto is currently the highest paid Indian actress in Hollywood. She started her career with 'Slumdog Millionaire' in 2008.
8. The original story is not set in India. It has Britain as premise.
9. The director of Trishna, Michael Winterbottom, has directed 17 films in last fifteen years. He has been nominated thrice for Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival.
10. The hero of the film Riz Ahmed is also a rapper.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless