Trouble-makers can create controversy over any film: Boman Irani
Irani says irrespective of the content, if someone wants to pull a film into controversy, he will do it anyway.
Mumbai: Reacting to the hullabaloo around Tamil and Telugu film 'Vishwaroopam', actor Boman Irani says irrespective of the content, if someone wants to pull a film into controversy, he will find a way to do it anyway.
"If someone intentionally wants to create a controversy around a film, he can do that with any film. This is a sad thing. Even if you make a film with the most honest intentions, if someone has to take an objection to it, he will. The film industry is a soft target, unfortunately," the 53-year-old said here Friday at a photography exhibition.
Boman further said that in a country full of problems, to muffle creativity is not just.
"I feel sad that creative expression is being throttled. There are so many other things that we have to throttle in this country. It is someone's hardwork, money has been spent, it is really unfair," Boman said.
Kamal Haasan's 'Vishwaroopam' was banned in Tamil Nadu last month for 15 days after 24 Muslim groups objected to certain scenes of the film as derogatory to their community.
'Vishwaroop', the Hindi version of the movie,released across India Friday to a varied response.
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- SP Meet Turns Into Open War of Words
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster May be Good for Tata Steel's UK Operations, Says Media