Trouble-makers can create controversy over any film: Boman Irani
Irani says irrespective of the content, if someone wants to pull a film into controversy, he will do it anyway.
Mumbai: Reacting to the hullabaloo around Tamil and Telugu film 'Vishwaroopam', actor Boman Irani says irrespective of the content, if someone wants to pull a film into controversy, he will find a way to do it anyway.
"If someone intentionally wants to create a controversy around a film, he can do that with any film. This is a sad thing. Even if you make a film with the most honest intentions, if someone has to take an objection to it, he will. The film industry is a soft target, unfortunately," the 53-year-old said here Friday at a photography exhibition.
Boman further said that in a country full of problems, to muffle creativity is not just.
"I feel sad that creative expression is being throttled. There are so many other things that we have to throttle in this country. It is someone's hardwork, money has been spent, it is really unfair," Boman said.
Kamal Haasan's 'Vishwaroopam' was banned in Tamil Nadu last month for 15 days after 24 Muslim groups objected to certain scenes of the film as derogatory to their community.
'Vishwaroop', the Hindi version of the movie,released across India Friday to a varied response.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Replace Mahira, Fawad In Raees and Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Demands MNS