Trying my best to bring home the crown: Urvashi Rautela
Urvashi won the I Am She Miss Universe India 2012 on September 21. She was crowned by her predecessor, Vasuki Sunkavalli.
Kotdwara: Urvashi Rautela, who was crowned Miss Universe India 2012 recently, said that she is proud of her journey from a middle class family in Uttarakhand to being a national beauty pageant winner.
Urvashi won the I Am She Miss Universe India 2012 on September 21. She was crowned by her predecessor, Vasuki Sunkavalli. The 18-year-old model, who will represent India at the Miss Universe 2012 pageant, was at her home town Kotdwara for few hours before leaving for Mumbai.
Her father Manvar Singh runs a medical shop at Kotdwara while her mother Meera operates a beauty parlour. Urvashi studied at the local DAV School. She said that all the credits for her success go to her parents who encouraged her dreams.
Urvashi said that former Miss Universe Sushmita Sen, who owns the rights to send delegates from India to the Miss Universe pageant from 2010 onwards through her project 'I Am She Miss Universe India', told her that she has all the ingredients to win the international title. "I am trying my best to get the crown for my country," Urvashi said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century