Tsonga beats Llodra to reach ABN Amro QFs
The Frenchman rallied from a set down to reach the last 8 in Rotterdam.
Rotterdam: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga rallied from a set down to beat fellow Frenchman Michael Llodra 4-6, 6-4, 6-4 on Wednesday to reach the quarterfinals of the ABN Amro World Tennis Tournament.
In a tight match that saw just one service break in each set, the eighth-seeded Tsonga served nine of his 15 aces in the decisive third set at Rotterdam's Ahoy Stadium.
"Michael is one of the best players on this surface," Tsonga said.
In the day's other second-round match Marin Cilic upset fifth-seeded Jurgen Melzer 6-2, 6-4.
Losing Australian Open finalist Andy Murray plays Marcos Baghdatis in the evening match.
Recommended For You
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review With Video: Best Android Phone Under Rs 10,000?
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- Remembering AmmaDid Jayalalithaa and Karunanidhi Ever Work Together?
- Golden TweetVirat Kohli's Tweet Supporting Anushka Sharma is The Golden Tweet of 2016
- CASH CRUNCHIPTL 2016: Demonetisation Hits League, No Federer, Williams This Season