Tsonga reaches China Open final after Lopez retires
Tsonga was leading 6-1, 4-1 when the 30th-ranked Spaniard decided he could no longer continue playing.
Beijing: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France moved into the China Open final when Feliciano Lopez retired from their semifinal on Saturday with a left wrist injury.
Tsonga was leading 6-1, 4-1 when the 30th-ranked Spaniard decided he could no longer continue playing. Lopez had the trainer on court after the conclusion of the first set.
In Sunday's final, Tsonga will play the winner of Saturday's later semifinal between top seed Novak Djokovic of Serbia and unseeded Florian Mayer of Germany.
Tsonga is 2-0 in finals this year, winning the Doha and Metz, France, titles. He defended his Metz title last month.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?