DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Tsonga reaches China Open final after Lopez retires
Tsonga was leading 6-1, 4-1 when the 30th-ranked Spaniard decided he could no longer continue playing.
Beijing: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France moved into the China Open final when Feliciano Lopez retired from their semifinal on Saturday with a left wrist injury.
Tsonga was leading 6-1, 4-1 when the 30th-ranked Spaniard decided he could no longer continue playing. Lopez had the trainer on court after the conclusion of the first set.
In Sunday's final, Tsonga will play the winner of Saturday's later semifinal between top seed Novak Djokovic of Serbia and unseeded Florian Mayer of Germany.
Tsonga is 2-0 in finals this year, winning the Doha and Metz, France, titles. He defended his Metz title last month.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Champions Trophy 2017: MS Dhoni, Kohli, Rahane Sweat it Out in Nets