Tumhari Sulu Will Unleash My Naughty Side: Vidya Balan
A file photo of Vidya Balan.
Mumbai: Actress Vidya Balan will be seen as a radio jockey (RJ) named Sulochana, fondly known as Sulu, in the upcoming film Tumhari Sulu.
"Sulu is like that nimbu (lemon)... you add nimbu for taste or then add it to balance taste; zesty and versatile! I think she will unleash my naughty side," Vidya said in a statement.
Co-produced by T-Series, Tumhari Sulu is a "lovely heart-warming story made for Vidya", said Bhushan Kumar, T-Series honcho.
Sulu lands herself an unexpected job of an RJ, who anchors a late-night show, known for its voyeuristic quality and semi-adult shenanigans.
"The character of Sulu is fun, happy-go-lucky and grounded, everything that Vidya is even in real life," said joint producers Tanuj Garg, Atul Kasbekar and Shanti Sivaram Maini of Ellipsis Entertainment.
The film's director Suresh Triveni says he feels honoured to have Vidya as the lead actress.
"Tumhari Sulu has been handcrafted for Vidya and to have her as a lead in my first feature is an honour. I look forward to seeing the story come alive as I have lived with it for almost a year now," he said.
Recommended For You
- Warner Moved by Daughter's Move to Search Him in Coffee Shop
- Gionee A1 Review: A Phone That's Custom Made For Selfie Lovers
- Life Review: Dialogues Win In This Space Battle Between Human, Alien
- Phillauri Review: Anushka-Diljit's Love Tale Will Work Its Way Into Your Heart
- Yuvraj Singh Jumps in Defence of His Favourite 'Cheeku'