Turkey: Militants hijack ferry, 25 onboard
The Kurdish militants hijacked the ferry near Istanbul on Friday.
New Delhi: In Turkey, suspected Kurdish militants hijacked a ferry near Istanbul on Friday. There are 25 passengers and crew on board.
Authorities have said that at least one of the hijackers is armed.
There was no information on his identity or his motive. Mayor of Izmit Ibrahim Karaosmanoglu said the men were demanding to speak to the media.
State-run TRT television said coast guard boats were shadowing the ferry as it was sailing off the coast of the town of Yalova in the Sea of Marmara, which connects the Black Sea to the Aegean.
With Additional Inputs from AP
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion