Twitter acquires social TV analytics company Bluefin Labs
In the past year the privately held microblogging service has made the integration of Twitter and television the centrepiece of its growth strategy.
San Francisco: Twitter Inc said on Tuesday it has agreed to acquire advertising analytics company Bluefin Labs. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Twitter Chief Operating Officer Ali Rowghani said in a blog post announcing the deal: "Bluefin's data science capabilities and social TV expertise will help us create innovative new ad products and consumer experiences in the exciting intersection of Twitter and TV."
The deal was reported first by Business Insider. In the past year the privately held microblogging service has made the integration of Twitter and television the centrepiece of its growth strategy.
Under Chief Executive Dick Costolo, the company has encouraged marketers to incorporate Twitter "hashtags" into their TV ads to generate online chatter, while also nudging its 200 million monthly users to discuss ads that are being aired.
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Pakistan's Bermuda Triangle
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya