Twitter acquires social TV analytics company Bluefin Labs
In the past year the privately held microblogging service has made the integration of Twitter and television the centrepiece of its growth strategy.
San Francisco: Twitter Inc said on Tuesday it has agreed to acquire advertising analytics company Bluefin Labs. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Twitter Chief Operating Officer Ali Rowghani said in a blog post announcing the deal: "Bluefin's data science capabilities and social TV expertise will help us create innovative new ad products and consumer experiences in the exciting intersection of Twitter and TV."
The deal was reported first by Business Insider. In the past year the privately held microblogging service has made the integration of Twitter and television the centrepiece of its growth strategy.
Under Chief Executive Dick Costolo, the company has encouraged marketers to incorporate Twitter "hashtags" into their TV ads to generate online chatter, while also nudging its 200 million monthly users to discuss ads that are being aired.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands