Twitter adds more content to expanded tweets
When tweets, which include links to partner websites, are expanded, users can see content previews and view images.
New Delhi: Twitter announced in its blog post that users can now discover more interactive experiences inside any Tweet on twitter.com and mobile.twitter.com. When tweets, which include links to partner websites, are expanded, users can see content previews, view images, play videos and more.
"You've probably expanded tweets before to play videos from YouTube or see photos from Instagram. Now, a diverse and growing group of new partners like the The Wall Street Journal, Breaking News, and TIME also deliver rich content inside tweets containing a link to those websites," said the company in a blog post.
The company's move to expand the range of content that is going to be shown in tweets makes it easier for users to discover breaking news and bylines.
Twitter explained: When users expand a Tweet linking to a news article by The New York Times, The San Francisco Chronicle or Der Spiegel Online, they can see a preview with the headline, the introduction and sometimes the Twitter accounts of the publisher and writer. Also, users can continue to read the article, follow these accounts, and reply, favourite or retweet the tweet.
According to twitter, "You can also see exclusive photos from inside the WWE ring, or images from sources like BuzzFeed and TMZ."
Besides, users can even watch moments from their favourite television shows like BET's 106 and Park, and play video from partners like Lifetime and Dailymotion.
The company is rolling out this new feature to users' accounts on twitter.com and mobile.twitter.com starting today. The company further said that it is coming soon to Twitter for iPhone and Twitter for Android.
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Pakistan's Bermuda Triangle
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi