Twitter goes down temporarily; service restored after a brief outage
Twitter was down for about one hour for a large number of users. It remained unclear what triggered the outage, which affected users in at least India.
New Delhi: Twitter, in what seemed to be a worldwide outage, was down for about one hour for an unknown number of users on Tuesday. The site was "down for maintenance" and it was restored after a brief outage.
The service was apparently unavailable to a large number of users between 11:30pm IST and 12:20AM IST. Most users experienced issues accessing Twitter on web and mobile apps. It remained unclear what triggered the outage, which affected users in at least India.
Twitter fixed the issue and it was back online after an hour of downtime. The company tweeted from its @Support account, "Most users were impacted by a service outage when accessing Twitter via web and mobile apps. Service is restored. Thanks for your patience!"
Users from across the globe were complaining about the outage on other public forums.
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation