DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Two actresses drown in tank while shooting for Tamil film
They were in the village to participate in the shooting of Tamil film 'Nyaandi', being directed by Sargunam.
Tiruvarur: Two young assistant actresses, part of the cast of an under-production Tamil film, drowned while taking bath in a tank at Edaimelayur Village in this district today, police said.
Saraswathy(24) and Viji (21) were trapped in the creepers of a water plant and could not swim to safety. However another actor was rescued by some passersby.
The actresses were in the village to participate in the shooting of Tamil film 'Nyaandi', being directed by Sargunam. As there was no shooting today with the director going back to Chennai, the assistant actresses had come to take bath and relax in the tank, which proved fatal for two of them.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi