Two actresses drown in tank while shooting for Tamil film
They were in the village to participate in the shooting of Tamil film 'Nyaandi', being directed by Sargunam.
Tiruvarur: Two young assistant actresses, part of the cast of an under-production Tamil film, drowned while taking bath in a tank at Edaimelayur Village in this district today, police said.
Saraswathy(24) and Viji (21) were trapped in the creepers of a water plant and could not swim to safety. However another actor was rescued by some passersby.
The actresses were in the village to participate in the shooting of Tamil film 'Nyaandi', being directed by Sargunam. As there was no shooting today with the director going back to Chennai, the assistant actresses had come to take bath and relax in the tank, which proved fatal for two of them.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
- Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Won't Be Screened In Pakistan