DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Two Assam Rifles personnel injured in IED explosion
Havildar Anand Singh and a driver identified as Jakir Husain were injured by the splinters, the sources said.
Imphal: Two Assam Rifles personnel were injured when three Improvised Explosive Devices (IED), planted at a roadside by militants, exploded at interior Yairipok area in Imphal East district of Manipur, police said on Monday . The three IEDs exploded simultaneously by using remote-controlled device when personnel of 40th Assam Rifles battalion were passing through Yairipok, 25 km south-east of here, at 7 pm on Monday.
Havildar Anand Singh and a driver identified as Jakir Husain were injured by the splinters, the sources said. They were stated to be out of danger.
The incident occurred when the Assam Rifles personnel were returning from Imphal to their camp at Andro near Yairipok, the sources said. All security and police posts particularly in four valley districts of Imphal East, Imphal West, Thoubal and Bishenpur have been put on alert following stepping up of militant activities in the past few months, the police said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Ashwin Looking to Unleash New Weapon
- Aishwarya, Aaradhya Look Like Real Life Princesses In This Recent Photo
- Champions Trophy 2017: India - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances