Two Dead in Fire at Mumbai's Maker Towers in Cuffe Parade, 11 Rescued
Around 17 fire tenders led the rescue operations and evacuated more than 10 people even as the fire spread to the 21st floor of the complex which houses around 50 families.
Mumbai: At least two people are dead in a fire that broke out on the 20th floor of the residential complex at Maker Towers in Mumbai's Cuff parade early on Tuesday morning, PS Rahangdhale, Chief Fire Officer said.
Around 17 fire tenders led the rescue operations and evacuated more than 10 people even as the fire which spread to the 21st floor of the complex was doused.
"There were two servants in the servant quarters between the 20th and 21st floors. They were not able to come out because of the flames and they lost their lives,"Rahangdhale added.
The complex houses around 50 families and initial reports suggest that the house in which the fire originated belongs to the MD of Bajaj Electricals Shekhar Bajaj.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained.
Recommended For You
- India vs South Africa, 2nd T20I in Centurion: Team India Report Card
- Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber Splash Romance All Over the Streets of Jamaica, See Pics
- Kick Punch and Repeat: Baaghi 2 Trailer Sees Tiger Shroff Channelise His Beast Mode
- The Ritual: An Outright Spine-Chiller Not Meant For The Faint-Hearted
- Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Looks Elegant As She Sports One Indian Outfit After Another; See Pics