Two groups from different communities clash over loudspeaker volume
The incident happened when people from two communities gathered at their religious places located in the same area to offer prayers.
Two groups from different communities clashed with each other after an argument over raising the volume of loudspeakers installed at their religious places in Delhi on Friday, police said. Police has been deployed in the area to keep control.
The incident happened at Nandnagri area in east Delhi around 2 pm when people from two communities gathered at their religious places located in the same area to offer prayers.
An eye-witness told police that the volume of the loudspeaker installed at one religious place by a group was raised, which was objected to by the other group, sparking off a heated argument. A few minutes later, the situation turned ugly.
"The people pelted stones on each other in which two people sustained minor injuries. The mob also damage a police vehicle," said a police officer.
A case has been registered. No one was detained.
"Policemen were deployed in the area and the situation brought under control," the officer added.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement