Two injured in Colombo blast
The wounded have been rushed to the Colombo National Hospital.
Colombo: Two people were wounded in a minor bomb explosion near the Red Mosque in Colombo Saturday evening, defence sources said.
Two vehicles were also damaged in the blast around 1655 (IST). The wounded were rushed to the Colombo National Hospital.
"According to available evidence, the blast occurred inside a van," the defence ministry said.
The motive behind the blast was not immediately known.
This is the second blast in two consecutive days.
On Friday, a suspected Tamil Tiger bomber carried out a suicide attack near the Air Force camp in the heart of Colombo, killing two people and wounding 32.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology