DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Two more selectors to join Vengsarkar in Australia
Venkatapati Raju and Ranjit Biswal would join the Indian team in the third Test.
New Delhi: In a departure from its own guidelines, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to send two more national selectors Australia.
Venkatapati Raju and Ranjit Biswal would join the Indian team in the third Test against Australia starting in Perth on January 16, BCCI Vice-President Rajiv Shukla said on Saturday.
Shukla said that the decision to send Raju, a former India spinner, and Biswal, a former Ranji Trophy player from Orissa, to Australia was taken by BCCI President Sharad Pawar.
This is a break from the guidelines issued by the BCCI in the midst of its stand-off with selectors, particularly Dilip Vengsarkar, Chairman of the Selection Committee, over their writing newspaper columns.
The guidelines had stipulated that only one selector would go with the team on overseas tour. Vengsarkar is already with the team in Australia.
The two selectors would also be with the team for the fourth and final Test starting in Adelaide on January 24.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%