Two more selectors to join Vengsarkar in Australia
Venkatapati Raju and Ranjit Biswal would join the Indian team in the third Test.
New Delhi: In a departure from its own guidelines, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to send two more national selectors Australia.
Venkatapati Raju and Ranjit Biswal would join the Indian team in the third Test against Australia starting in Perth on January 16, BCCI Vice-President Rajiv Shukla said on Saturday.
Shukla said that the decision to send Raju, a former India spinner, and Biswal, a former Ranji Trophy player from Orissa, to Australia was taken by BCCI President Sharad Pawar.
This is a break from the guidelines issued by the BCCI in the midst of its stand-off with selectors, particularly Dilip Vengsarkar, Chairman of the Selection Committee, over their writing newspaper columns.
The guidelines had stipulated that only one selector would go with the team on overseas tour. Vengsarkar is already with the team in Australia.
The two selectors would also be with the team for the fourth and final Test starting in Adelaide on January 24.
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Likely to Announce Name of New Army Chief in a Week
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Nokia to Help Bharti Airtel to Expand 4G Network in India
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years