DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Two multiplexes refuse to screen homosexual flick 'Dunno Y...'
While some multiplexes mint money with its release
Mumbai: Cinemax and Fun Cinemas have refused to screen director Sanjay Sharma's Dunno Y... Na Jaane Kyun saying a homosexual film would be inappropriate in their family-oriented theatres.
"Cinemax Versova stepped back from showing the film as it's quite explicit for its family audiences," an official of Cinemax told on condition of anonymity.
Cinemax Versova has not even put up a publicity poster of the film that has lead actors Kapil Sharma and Yuvraj Parashar in a very intimate pose.
However, the film has set the registers at PVR ringing with good collections where it is being screened currently. In fact, the cinema has decided to increase the number of shows looking at the good collections.
"Gays are celebrating the release of the film and are SMSing and blogging everyone from their community to go watch the film," said actor Kapil Sharma.
Recommended For You
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise