Two policemen shot dead in Jammu and Kashmir
So far, no arrest has been made in this connection and no outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Srinagar: Two local policemen were killed by terrorists in Kupwara district of north Kashmir on Saturday. A senior police officer said the terrorists fired from close range at two constables of an armed battalion near the bus stand in Handwara town, 75 kilometres from Srinagar on Saturday morning.
"The two constables belonging to the Indian Reserve Police (IRP) were removed to the hospital in a critical condition, where they succumbed to injuries," the officer said.
The area has been cordoned off and searches have started in the town. So far, no arrest has been made in this connection. Senior police and paramilitary officers have rushed to the town to take stock of the situation.
No terror outfit has yet owned responsibility for the attack. In February, some unidentified gunmen had killed a village sarpanch (elected representative) in Kalantara village of Baramulla district, north Kashmir.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology