DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Two Students Killed After Car Falls From Punjabi Bagh Flyover
The incident took place around 9am and there were seven students travelling in the Honda City. (Photo: Network18)
New Delhi: Two students were killed and five injured when a car fell off from a flyover in west Delhi’s Punjabi Bagh on Monday morning.
Police said the incident took place around 9am. There were seven students present in the car who were on their way to appear for an exam.
The injured were rushed to a nearby hospital and their condition is said to be critical.
The victims are first-year students of Delhi Institute of Professional Studies. They were on their way to IP College in Narela for their second semester exam when the accident occurred, a senior police officer said.
The deceased have been identified as Sanchit and Ritu. Those injured were Pranav, Garima, Rishab, Rajat and Raja, the police said.
The students were at Rajat's house in Punjabi Bagh and were going to their exam centre, they added. Rajat was driving the vehicle and it is suspected that he might be speeding.
The police is waiting to record the statements of those injured in the accident to ascertain the sequence of events.
(With PTI Inputs)
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users