DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
UAE Cabinet approves extradition pact with India
The agreement is expected to help around 1,200 Indian prisoners who have been languishing in UAE prisons.
Dubai: The UAE Cabinet on Sunday approved the extradition agreement that the Gulf nation had signed with India for facilitating the transfer of Indian convicts to spend the remaining jail term in their home country.
The agreement, which was signed by the two countries in November 2011, is expected to help around 1,200 Indian prisoners who have been languishing in UAE prisons.
As per the agreement, Indian prisoners in the UAE jails, those who have been sentenced, will have a choice to spend the remaining prison term in India.
A similar agreement signed between the UAE and Pakistan was also ratified and the arrangement of transport procedures was discussed.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere