UAE warns citizens against travelling to Egypt
The warning was issued as Egypt is witnessing protests by both supporters and opponents of Mohamed Morsi, who will observe Sunday as his first anniversary as Egyptian president.
Dubai: The United Arab Emirates (UAE) Saturday called on its citizens to avoid unnecessary trips to Egypt due to its unstable political situation.
The warning by the foreign ministry was issued as Egypt is witnessing protests by both supporters and opponents of Mohamed Morsi, who will observe Sunday as his first anniversary as Egyptian president. But he will also face massive demonstrations that day against him due to his poor performance since last June.
Diplomatic tensions between Abu Dhabi and Cairo have risen in the past six months since the UAE arrested dozens of its citizens for conspiring with Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood party to create unrest in the Gulf state.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- Top T20I Bowler Imran Tahir Has No Takers in IPL Auction